Tasting Room Server
Our Tasting Room Servers form the backbone of the customer experience at Bluestone Vineyard. This position is responsible for ensuring that customers have a positive and memorable experience at Bluestone. Must have a passion for wine and for learning the details of the wines we produce and our general operations. The ideal candidate is friendly, outgoing, professional, reliable, and has the desire to become knowledgeable about our wines and general business operations. Part-time position that requires weekend and holiday hours.
• Greeting customers promptly and courteously.
• Excellent oral communication skills to present wines to customers.
• Describe wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, provide general tourist information, and answer questions visitors might have.
• Ability to learn and follow Virginia ABC laws.
• Setting up and cleaning up daily operations of the Tasting Room.
• Ability to handle routine sales transactions which include operating cash register.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to stand, walk, lift & bend for up to 8 hours.
• Ability to lift 45 lbs repeatedly.
• Proficient on the computer (familiar with POS systems, Microsoft Office), ability to learn new systems quickly
• The ability to speak comfortably and audibly in front of people.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Please send application form and/or resumé to Jackie Hartman at email@example.com or apply in person.